Legion of Avalon's Chosen
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Legion of Avalon's Chosen

Site for a Legion of Aion: Avalons Chosen

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to Avalon's Chosen new forums. If you are wishing to join Avalon's Chosen. Please go to Town Hall Tab and Recruitment section or Use the Link in Recruitement Status Side bar link for Application Form . Thank you LOAC Staff
Avalon's Chosen would like to welcome our new member Cycloptix and Dielectra. We look forward to many adventures with you all.
Congrats to our members that have been promoted to Munifex. Eshu, Rieku, Caldenfor, Favrin, Mommyof2girls, Cherub, Kataya, and Decesare great job you all keep up the good work.
Notice. current issues with log off button.. temp fix is a small log off button under AC crest. Also Firfox will not auto log you out like IE does for some.

Some wpn/armr extraction and enhancement info.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Eshu
Hastati
Hastati
Eshu

Some wpn/armr extraction and enhancement info. Empty
PostSubject: Some wpn/armr extraction and enhancement info.   Some wpn/armr extraction and enhancement info. I_icon_minitime8/4/2009, 10:50

http://www.paradisro.com/forum_thread_69_Aion-Enchanting-Guide.html

I think Caldenfor extracted from an item in the most recent beta session. Can't remember his results and don't know if it was a one time thing or if he tried it a few times.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mmorpg.com/profile.cfm/username/MustaphaMond
Eshu
Hastati
Hastati
Eshu

PostSubject: Re: Some wpn/armr extraction and enhancement info.   Some wpn/armr extraction and enhancement info. I_icon_minitime8/4/2009, 19:41

Okay, finally managed to log back into C-Aion, and decided to try this out a tiny bit. Unfortunately, I don't have the gear or resources yet to test more extensively, but I think I already have the general idea of what this is about.

Extraction/Enhancement Results: 1st Run

Extraction:
-Healer's Chain Armor (Lv12) => Lv13 Enhancement Stone (x\'s 2)
-Temple Guard's Plate Greaves (Lv12) => Lv17 Enhancement Stone (x's 2)

Enhancement:
I started off enhancing another pair of Temple Guard's Plate Greaves that I was wearing. I started with the Lv13 enhancing stones. After using both Lvl 13 stones, the result was that my greaves now had a +2 in front of their name and the "physical defense" number read "91 (+10)" with the "(+10)" representing what I gained from the enhancement. FWIW, underneath the "Magical Resistance +7" a new "Enhancement +2" appeared (or something like that).

Then, I moved on to using both the Lvl 17 stones. The first failed, knocking the enhancement down to lvl one ("Physical Defense" now read \"91 (+5)", my greaves read as "+1" and their enhancement level had changed from Lvl 2 to Lvl 1 (predictable enough). The second enhance took, so my end results = "+2 Temple Guard's Plate Greaves" w/ "Physical Def 91(+10)" and an enhancing level of "2."

Extraction/Enhancement Results: 2nd Run

Extraction:

-Shield of Canyon (Lv7) => Lv7 Enhancement Stone (x's 1)
-Bow of Forest (lv12) => Lv16 Enhancement Stones (x's 2)
-Shield of Forest (lv12) => Lv12 Enhancement Stone (x's 1)

*** My impression is that the level of stone you get from extracting is somewhat random, but it's probably limited to within a certain number of levels of the actual item you extract from. For example, extracting from a lvl 4 piece of armor will only yield low lvl enhancement stones, while a high lvl piece will get you a higher level stone.

Enhancement:

Since I had a Lv7 stone, and I've read the stones should be a higher Lvl than the item you are trying to enhances (the specifics are in the linked guide in the OP), I decided to enhance my "Sword of Prophecy" (a green ascension reward for templar) and was actually hoping it would fail (to see if it gave a "-1" to the sword and actually lowered the weapons attributes).

Unfortunately (or fortunately, depending on how you look at it), the enhance did not fail and my sword gained Enhance Lvl 1, which gave (+2) to Attack. So, I decided to enhance my "Shield of Rain Forest" (Lvl14 Green) with my Lv12 Enhance Stone (it took... I forgot to look at the stat gain on this item though, doh!), then I tried to Enhance using a Lvl 16 stone (failure, back to square one), and finally I tried one more Lvl 16 enhance stone (also a failure...).

Lots of failures, which sucked, but the enhance stones I am using are too low of a Lvl for the items I am trying to use them on. They should be +5-20 lvls to enhance a green, and these stones aren't quite there. Also, so many failures allowed me to see that while failures will remove one enhancement Lvl, they won't take your weapon or armor into the "negative" (i.e., enhancing can only help or, at the very worst, remove previous enhancements... it will never damage your weapon beyond its base stats).

Thoughts/Conclusion

Clearly, this type of stuff is best reserved for very special items that you will be using for a long time. I wouldn't want to waste the time and money on extracting just to enhance low level items. However, I think I remember reading that there's more to this, so I will continue messing with it.

Obviously, I couldn't follow the guide's advice about using enhancement stones 5-20 levels higher than the item I was enhancing. Doing so apparently reduces the chance of failure. Plus, I've read if you should always try to enhance with a low lvl stone first, then medium, then higher. You can enhance a total of 10 times per item, so figuring out how to enhance with minimal failures will be important.

There are surely in-depth guides and people who have tested all of this extensively. I will do my best to find/read those and post links too. I hope if any of you know of any (or stuff about this topic) you will let us know.

Last edited by Eshu on 8/4/2009, 22:58; edited 8 times in total
Back to top Go down
Eshu
Hastati
Hastati
Eshu

PostSubject: Re: Some wpn/armr extraction and enhancement info.   Some wpn/armr extraction and enhancement info. I_icon_minitime8/4/2009, 22:08

Another update:

On C-Aion, one Lvl 17 enhancement stone sells for 15,000 kinah. My limited experience = I extracted two Lv 17 stones from some "Temple Guard's Plate Greaves". That's roughly 30,000 kinah for the cost of the extraction tool (~1000 kinah) and the possible selling price for the armor (8-10k) minus whatever it costs you to list the item. So, a profit of about 15-20k kinah per extraction (not including AH listing fees).

Please bear in mind that it might be totally random what level of stones that you get from extracting, or it might be set that you get particular stones from particular items. I have a feeling that it's random.

What's more, I also received two Lvl 13 enhancement stones when extracting, and none of those are listed on the AH attm (and perhaps they don't sell at all). So, the 15-20k kinah profit might not be accurate at all. It is an initial guess and I will keep testing things out.

Also, one mustn't forget that the AH prices I am quoting are from C-Aion, and their economy is all messed up because gold selling is allowed and all of that. I don't really know if these Lv17 enhancement stones sell, either... so, I'm going to put one up and see how it goes....
Back to top Go down
Organic
Hastati
Hastati

PostSubject: Re: Some wpn/armr extraction and enhancement info.   Some wpn/armr extraction and enhancement info. I_icon_minitime8/4/2009, 22:46

Can't do much about the random stones. They will always be that way. However...

1. Disenchanted white armor usually yields stones no more than 3-4 levels higher than that equipment's level and usually just 1 enchantment stone.

2. Disenchanted green armor usually yields stones greater than 4 levels higher than that equipment's level and usually 2 enchantment stones (unless the stone you receive is significantly higher level).

I haven't disenchanted any blues yet to see what happens there.

3. Only armor/weapons can be disenchanted (no rings, helmets, earrings, or necklaces).

4. To "guarantee" the enchantment will stick, you need to use enchantment stones 14 levels higher than the item you're enchanting. Even this is NOT a 100% guarantee, but did work more than 90% of the time for me.

5. You CAN use enchantment stones LOWER than the level of the item you are enchanting, but expect to fail at least 75% of the time so it's best to use cheap stones to land the first enchantment only.

6. Enchantment stones go up to level 70+ and sell for millions each at that point.

As for the "messed up C-Aion economy", I am actually now leaning toward the fact that those prices are probably accurate. In fact, they may be CHEAPER than what we'll see at NA launch since there is TONS of competition for each item you want to purchase and you're always able to find someone undercutting the competition.

Last edited by Organic on 8/6/2009, 01:19; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Eshu
Hastati
Hastati
Eshu

PostSubject: Re: Some wpn/armr extraction and enhancement info.   Some wpn/armr extraction and enhancement info. I_icon_minitime8/4/2009, 23:01

Wow, awesome. Thank you, Organic. I figured many of you knew this stuff, but wasn't sure who exactly had messed with it yet. You said the stones can go up to level 70+. Are those just from level 50 pieces or armor or does it possibly involve blues?

(I know you haven't tried blues... but just curious where such a high lvl stone comes from)
Back to top Go down
Caldenfor
Hastati
Hastati

PostSubject: Re: Some wpn/armr extraction and enhancement info.   Some wpn/armr extraction and enhancement info. I_icon_minitime8/5/2009, 04:54

Probably higher up, to get the 70+ level stones, you have to disenchant gold gear and such for the best of the best. People will do crazy things come end game and spending millions of kinah on your perfect suit is probably the norm at cap.

Caldenfor
Back to top Go down
Organic
Hastati
Hastati

PostSubject: Re: Some wpn/armr extraction and enhancement info.   Some wpn/armr extraction and enhancement info. I_icon_minitime8/5/2009, 15:51

Caldenfor wrote:
Probably higher up, to get the 70+ level stones, you have to disenchant gold gear and such for the best of the best. People will do crazy things come end game and spending millions of kinah on your perfect suit is probably the norm at cap.

Caldenfor

Yeah, absolutely. But for now at least, Abyss gear is the most endgame of the endgame so not much else to do I guess.
Back to top Go down
Caldenfor
Hastati
Hastati

PostSubject: Re: Some wpn/armr extraction and enhancement info.   Some wpn/armr extraction and enhancement info. I_icon_minitime8/5/2009, 17:18

From my understanding our warehouses are going to have to store a bunch of gear higher up. We will need different armor sets for different situations which also depends on the class as well. Sometimes you will need flight time stacked, others you won't, that sort of thing.
Caldenfor
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Some wpn/armr extraction and enhancement info.   Some wpn/armr extraction and enhancement info. I_icon_minitime8/6/2009, 01:04

this past weekend i able to take my lvl 14 bow to +10

i found that not one lvl 18 stone ever worked.

i used lvl 25 stones for +9 and +10 after much experimentation loosing and gaining back levels
Back to top Go down
Organic
Hastati
Hastati

PostSubject: Re: Some wpn/armr extraction and enhancement info.   Some wpn/armr extraction and enhancement info. I_icon_minitime8/6/2009, 01:21

Eshu wrote:
Wow, awesome. Thank you, Organic. I figured many of you knew this stuff, but wasn't sure who exactly had messed with it yet. You said the stones can go up to level 70+. Are those just from level 50 pieces or armor or does it possibly involve blues?

(I know you haven't tried blues... but just curious where such a high lvl stone comes from)

Well, even level 50 whites would give you 54s or so. Level 50 greens should give upwards of 58-60s if you get a lucky proc. So...I'd assume boss drops and such (or lvl 50 quest rewards?) would be giving the most endgame enchantment stones. Maybe we'll find out someday. Smile

Thing is, this is on C-Aion and level cap is 45, so it's not from crafted lvl 50 gear as no one can even wear that yet.
Back to top Go down
Organic
Hastati
Hastati

PostSubject: Re: Some wpn/armr extraction and enhancement info.   Some wpn/armr extraction and enhancement info. I_icon_minitime8/6/2009, 01:23

Decesare wrote:
this past weekend i able to take my lvl 14 bow to +10

i found that not one lvl 18 stone ever worked.

i used lvl 25 stones for +9 and +10 after much experimentation loosing and gaining back levels

Sounds about right. Of course, all of this is pretty random. I had more success than Drac when we were enchanting our level 25 blue weapons. He had a bunch of failures when using enchantment stones 9-11 levels ABOVE his lvl 25 weapon. I got a few of those to stick, then went to +14 or above and they all took.

I think we both agreed +14 is a very sweet spot. Of course, that'll get crazy spendy come level 30+ gear. Ugh. Smile
Back to top Go down
Organic
Hastati
Hastati

PostSubject: Re: Some wpn/armr extraction and enhancement info.   Some wpn/armr extraction and enhancement info. I_icon_minitime8/6/2009, 01:25

Caldenfor wrote:
From my understanding our warehouses are going to have to store a bunch of gear higher up. We will need different armor sets for different situations which also depends on the class as well. Sometimes you will need flight time stacked, others you won't, that sort of thing.
Caldenfor

For what situations are you expecting to need a completely different set of armor? For tanks, there will be +hate gear (haven't heard anything about -hate gear for dps/heals) for PVE. PVP gear differences are more damage against PCs, less damage taken from PCs. There are a few different posts about lvl 50 PVP/PVE gear and the differences are actually pretty big otherwise as well. If I find the posts again (I know for sure there was a listing for mages), I'll link here.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Some wpn/armr extraction and enhancement info.   Some wpn/armr extraction and enhancement info. I_icon_minitime8/6/2009, 01:28

Caldenfor wrote:

Caldenfor

i'ma floss my fit wit da bling ah bring ma threads droppin madd grip on da too fly tip.

sho you righ'?!?

watch meh!
Back to top Go down
Caldenfor
Hastati
Hastati

PostSubject: Re: Some wpn/armr extraction and enhancement info.   Some wpn/armr extraction and enhancement info. I_icon_minitime8/6/2009, 03:54

Well maximizing flight time would be required for Abyss PVP, but PVP outside of Abyss? It all depends on the class and the situation. A healer may want "healing" gear while at other times they would have "solo" gear for better DPS.

Nothing really new to MMOs it is just that there seem to be a lot of different stats one might want to focus on which may end up forcing the players to have multiple sets of gear depending on the situation.

DAoC I only needed one "template" for PVP and then I just wore crap for PVE. I just think there will be more "templates" per character in Aion than some other games.

Caldenfor
Back to top Go down
Organic
Hastati
Hastati

PostSubject: Re: Some wpn/armr extraction and enhancement info.   Some wpn/armr extraction and enhancement info. I_icon_minitime8/6/2009, 07:11

Caldenfor wrote:
Well maximizing flight time would be required for Abyss PVP, but PVP outside of Abyss? It all depends on the class and the situation. A healer may want "healing" gear while at other times they would have "solo" gear for better DPS.

Nothing really new to MMOs it is just that there seem to be a lot of different stats one might want to focus on which may end up forcing the players to have multiple sets of gear depending on the situation.

DAoC I only needed one "template" for PVP and then I just wore crap for PVE. I just think there will be more "templates" per character in Aion than some other games.

Caldenfor

How much would you be willing to sacrifice in your offense/defense just to increase flight time? I haven't found an easy way to swap gear (maybe a macro?) right before a fight. 99% of the time, I don't even know I'm being attacked before it happens.

I don't have a good answer for that question myself, but it's something we can definitely think about. Most of the PvPvE stuff will happen on "land" (or at least some type of solid surface).

Most of the flying around in the Abyss I did today was from small island to small island to try and turn in quests. For a few hours, there were eight Asmos camping the entry portal to Abyss on Elyos side. I have no clue how they were able to sit right next to the transport pad and the guards did zip. They were taking all of 2-3 seconds to kill everyone who flew in. Not sure flight time will help in any gank situation, though, of course, doubt my phys crit or anything other than maybe pure shield block would have helped either. Smile

Remember, you can drink +flight potions (I'm using +32 seconds or something now; can't quite remember). Cooldown is like 40 seconds on them, so that adds a LOT of flight time. Plus, there are +30% run scrolls (I assume there's something similar on the flight side) and foods that increase flight speed for 15-30 minutes. I am thinking those could help off-set having a bunch of +flight gear.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Some wpn/armr extraction and enhancement info.   Some wpn/armr extraction and enhancement info. I_icon_minitime8/6/2009, 18:25

Organic wrote:

Remember, you can drink +flight potions (I'm using +32 seconds or something now; can't quite remember).

if a spirit master zapped your remaining flight time and you began to fall. would you be able to drink a +flight potion and catch yourself? (assuming your timer wasn't on cool down to be able to open your wings)
Back to top Go down
Caldenfor
Hastati
Hastati

PostSubject: Re: Some wpn/armr extraction and enhancement info.   Some wpn/armr extraction and enhancement info. I_icon_minitime8/7/2009, 03:30

Also, is there +movement speed?(yes, but how many forms), I know that can be handy. I guess I am pointing this out for the more mobile inclined characters. Every edge one may desire, never know.

Caldenfor
Back to top Go down
Organic
Hastati
Hastati

PostSubject: Re: Some wpn/armr extraction and enhancement info.   Some wpn/armr extraction and enhancement info. I_icon_minitime8/7/2009, 16:59

Decesare wrote:
Organic wrote:

Remember, you can drink +flight potions (I'm using +32 seconds or something now; can't quite remember).

if a spirit master zapped your remaining flight time and you began to fall. would you be able to drink a +flight potion and catch yourself? (assuming your timer wasn't on cool down to be able to open your wings)

Yes. You just have to be flying to use them (can't use on the ground).

Also, I believe that ability comes from their water pet and pets can't fly. If you're in a mid-air combat situation, you should be free from this snare.

Last edited by Organic on 8/7/2009, 17:02; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Organic
Hastati
Hastati

PostSubject: Re: Some wpn/armr extraction and enhancement info.   Some wpn/armr extraction and enhancement info. I_icon_minitime8/7/2009, 17:01

Caldenfor wrote:
Also, is there +movement speed?(yes, but how many forms), I know that can be handy. I guess I am pointing this out for the more mobile inclined characters. Every edge one may desire, never know.

Caldenfor

Yup. There's +running speed and +flight speed.

There is also +attack speed, but that's not related and is coming in a later patch. Smile

Your level 30 wings give you +30 to flight time. Some crafted blues do as well and most folks should get some kind of +flight speed increase when in the Abyss. (Can't remember if it's just a passive for all flight or what.)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Some wpn/armr extraction and enhancement info.   Some wpn/armr extraction and enhancement info. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Some wpn/armr extraction and enhancement info.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Legion of Avalon's Chosen :: Wilderness-
Jump to: