Legion of Avalon's Chosen
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Legion of Avalon's Chosen

Site for a Legion of Aion: Avalons Chosen

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to Avalon's Chosen new forums. If you are wishing to join Avalon's Chosen. Please go to Town Hall Tab and Recruitment section or Use the Link in Recruitement Status Side bar link for Application Form . Thank you LOAC Staff
Avalon's Chosen would like to welcome our new member Cycloptix and Dielectra. We look forward to many adventures with you all.
Congrats to our members that have been promoted to Munifex. Eshu, Rieku, Caldenfor, Favrin, Mommyof2girls, Cherub, Kataya, and Decesare great job you all keep up the good work.
Notice. current issues with log off button.. temp fix is a small log off button under AC crest. Also Firfox will not auto log you out like IE does for some.

Some info. on named mobs + their drops

Go down 
+5
Garthural
Reiku
Gunstar
Aquago
Eshu
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Eshu
Hastati
Hastati
Eshu

Some info. on named mobs + their drops Empty
PostSubject: Some info. on named mobs + their drops   Some info. on named mobs + their drops I_icon_minitime8/8/2009, 21:18

Arieluma~!

Below, you will find a guide for some of the lower level NM's found in game (Elyos side only, of course). This post is mostly focused on providing links to info about these mobs, but will also contain some stuff about their locations and drops.

If you have any questions, suggestions, or would like to add to this thread (or correct something), please post a reply or contact me in game or via PM.

TYVM,
Eshu

P.S. - From what I can tell, Aion calls it's zones "regions" and its regions "zones" (at least how I came to think of them from playing FFXI). Essentially, the "zone" = the broadest possible area you are located (examples: Poeta, Verteron). The "region" = the actual area you are in (Akarios Village, Cliona Lake). It seems backwards to me, but I want to stay true to the in-game way of saying it, so sorry for any confusion. If this has been changed in game or I'm misunderstanding it, please let me know and I'll fix it ASAP.

Format:

ZONE

Region : Mob's Name (Level)
1. Description of Location ~ >>>>MAP<<<<
2. Drops
3. Aggro/Link?
4. Other Information

*** If you are having trouble finding the mob, click "Zoom" and/or "Shade" on the maps to see where other players have spotted it.

POETA

Cliona Lake : Paruru Slowlegs (Lvl 4)
1. Ager's Farm (the place where you have to kill small horned/big foot Kerubs right after Akarios village). Normally he stands/spawns by the door of the farm house. The internet shows that he has been spotted closer to the lake, too. ~ >>>>MAP<<<<
2. Drops a nice hp/mp pot called "Carrot Juice of Paruru." As of OB, the drop rate has been excellent for legion members who've killed him. Not 100%, but much better than my first experiences killing him in C-Aion without one drop in 15-20 kills.
3. Aggros and possible link(???) with nearby mobs.
4. Consider hunting Paruru/Tirra while completing the other quests in the Cliona Lake area in between spawn times (and the game has alread limited your ability to switch channels). If you want to know more about this play style, ask Mzirad (or just team with him in game and watch and learn).

Cliona Lake : Tirra Tirra (Lvl 4)
1. Island in the middle of Cliona Lake (the place where you get the water to make Daminu cry an apple for your ascension quest). Tirra seems to spawn/stand on the west side of the island more often than not, though I have seen it standing on the NE side of the island too. There have been a few times when it was standing up on the island, as well. It does blend in with the other birds at time if you aren't looking at the name tags. ~ MAP
2. Drops include some nice green Level 4 gloves and shoes (cloth, leather, chain). As of OB, the drops rate seems a little hit and miss and many have had a hard time getting Tirra to drop the items for their class. But, with some persistence, you can get the gear you need (and donate the other drops to your fellow chosen, of course).
3. Does not aggro, does not link.
4. Consider hunting Tirra/Paruru while completing the other quests in the Cliona Lake area in between spawn times (and the game has alread limited your ability to switch channels). If you want to know more about this play style, ask Mzirad (or just team with him in game and watch and learn).

Daminu Forest

1. Fauron (Level 6)
2. Standing face to face with Daminu, go to HIS left and cross the road. To your right, you should see the road back to Namus and Cliona Lake. To your left, you will see a forested area (remember, this is on the side of the road that's OPPOSITE of Daminu... I think it is the southside of the road). Walk back into this area a bit and look for the ruins of a building. You will know you are in the right space when you see a foundation with a tree growing out of a grate and archways and statutes/bolders. Fauron tends to spawn up against the wall, though I have seen him pop closer to the tree too (C-Aion at least). ~ MAP
3. Drops a nice belt with +acc, and some nice green legs. According to comments, apparently drops some green weapons too (dagger, spell book) and "other pieces" of armor. Oh, and drops a crappy mace. XD ... has always seemed like a decent drop rate, though (CB, C-Aion, and OB).
4. No Aggro, but any abex standing nearby will link if you attack Fauron (and vice versa). The best way is to clear the way carefully (avoiding links) and then killing Fauron. BE CAUTIOUS. The plain mobs around him tend to spawn fairly quickly.

Deforested Area (extreme S-SE tip)

1. Scar the Alpha Worg (Level 8 ) <- No screenshots, but he's a big Worg.
2. Starting at Melaponeh's Campsite run south from the campsite into the deforested area (not into Daminu forest). You will actually notice a secondary path running S-SE through the deforested area (it's a river, if I remember correctly). The path leads right to the cave where Scar lurks. There's a side shortcut you can take from Daminu forest, too. I'm too lazy to describe how to find it from the Daminu side, but just run West from the cave instead of North back to the campsite and you will eventually pop out in the Northern part of Daminu. That path is infested with Worgs, though... so be aware if you are a low lvl and are an especially squishy class. ~ MAP
3. Drops some nice standard greens (armor and weapons... nice shields with either +52 hp or +20 concentration) and a few whites, but the most important thing he drops is "Scar's Fang."***

*** To get this drop, you must have the quest "Delivering Pernos' Robe" activated first. It requires you to be at least level 7 and to have collected/turned in the Abex skins for the earlier quest in the series. Still, when he drops the fang you then take the robe and Scar's Fang to Pernos (instead of using the abex horn or brax hoof also mentioned in the quest text). The reward for your effort and thoroughness is "Scar's Belt", a good piece for most classes (though some might stick with Fauron's belt instead).

>>>>Food for thought<<<<
Prior to killing Scar, consider hugging the wall opposite of where he is and gathering AT LEAST 7 iron ore for the "Tula's Music Box" quest... even if you don't have the quest yet. If you want to skip this step, that's fine as the ore is easily obtainable in the next couple of zones.

VERTERON

Swamps surrounding Verteron Citadel
-Paksigue (Lvl 13)
-Aggro's but I don't think any pot crabs will link.
-Walks in a big circle around the citadel, it seems.
-(MAP)
-All that's listed is the "Cloth Bandana of Knowledge," a nice Lvl 15 head piece, though not suitable for several classes.
-Not really interesting to me, but might be something others need/want. He seems somewhat hard to kill compared to the other mobs listed above. I think best killed by classes that can kite him. Probably intended for Sorc's (especially given the drop).

Altamia Ridge (the path between Pilgrim's Respite and the Contaminated Swamp)
-Lonely Mepisto (Lvl 18)
-Assume it aggros just like the nearby "Ancient Elysian Spirits." No idea about links (have never fought him).
-Spawns AT NIGHT close to Enithe (the NPC that turns into a Banshee).
-From a commenter: can be found in the corner of the hill right in front of Eninte... I've also read it spawns right across the road from Enithe, kinda off in a corner fromw here the octasides/plumas/ancient spirits sit directly across from Enithe... hard to explain... but if Enithe is on your left and you are headed toward the swamp, one spawn point for Mepisto is over to your right... while another is apparently the big hill past Enithe where the road turns right and descends down into the swamp... (MAP)
-BLUE: "Mepisto's Plate Gloves," Lvl 20 gloves.
-Not really interesting to me, but hopefully we can get the gloves for the legion's templars (unless there's a more suitable item for them at Lvl20, which I doubt).

The Holy Grounds of Miraju
-Wind Spirit Shalph (Lvl 19)
-Aggros and I think it will link with nearby spirits (or they will just aggro you if you're not paying attention, not sure).
-The internet shows he spawns in the northern tip of the area.
-When I found him, he was really close to Elote, one of the Elim at the water's edge at the base of the shrine. My impression is that he spawns randomly throughout the whole zone, but at the very least, I can confirm for a fact that he was by Elote (MAP).
-BLUE: "Shalph's Leather Shoes," Lvl 20.
-Probably great for the legion's RNG's and SIN's.

The Holy Grounds of Miraju
-Mutant Aishi (Lvl 19) <--- No screenshot, but it's a rippleworm.
-Aggros. Don't know about links.
-The internet shows he has been spotted most often in the Northern part of the area.
-A few places he has been spotted = not far from the gate between Miraju and the path back to Pilgrim's Respite.... and a commenter mentions seeing him just underneath the map's "A" in "Argus." When I found him, he was "walking" in a N-NE direction between two trees just west of the "A" in "Argus." (MAP)
-Drops some nice greens, especially the earrings.
-Good for casters.

*** that's it for now. I'm sure there are more in Eltnen and beyond, but I didn't really want to post about things I haven't encountered (that's why I want to kill Mepisto and the Mutant). If others have encountered more, feel free to post (and no need to worry about format). I just thought this info., though wordy, would be good at launch as we all progress through the different levels and quests.

Last edited by Eshu on 9/11/2009, 10:07; edited 17 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.mmorpg.com/profile.cfm/username/MustaphaMond
Aquago
Velites
Velites
Aquago

PostSubject: Re: Some info. on named mobs + their drops   Some info. on named mobs + their drops I_icon_minitime8/8/2009, 22:23

Nice find! During beta, i came across one more in Poeta that was not listed. Between pernos and Oto ( i think its the name of guy. anyway you give him the ore you collect and he then makes you find the special ore and engine parts) At one of the side springs, there is a "named boss" that looks like a three-day sparky which drops a green shield. I think there maybe more drops but that is what i ended up getting.
Back to top Go down
Eshu
Hastati
Hastati
Eshu

PostSubject: Re: Some info. on named mobs + their drops   Some info. on named mobs + their drops I_icon_minitime8/9/2009, 01:22

cool, Aqua. Thx.

Do you mean "Poa" perhaps for the ore/engine parts npc? I'm planning on leveling another melee in C-Aion to ascend as a Gladiator instead of Templar (just for variety). I will definitely look for the sparky this time around.

Also, I managed to find "Mutant Aishi" before falling asleep in front of the keyboard this afternoon. Killed it, but no earring drop (just a green book). FWIW, "mutant aishi" is a Rippleworm.
Back to top Go down
Gunstar
Socii
Socii

PostSubject: Re: Some info. on named mobs + their drops   Some info. on named mobs + their drops I_icon_minitime8/9/2009, 01:32

nice info
Back to top Go down
Reiku
Sagittarii
Sagittarii
Reiku

PostSubject: Re: Some info. on named mobs + their drops   Some info. on named mobs + their drops I_icon_minitime8/9/2009, 01:56

ty for the blue boots from the named mob Razz
Back to top Go down
Eshu
Hastati
Hastati
Eshu

PostSubject: Re: Some info. on named mobs + their drops   Some info. on named mobs + their drops I_icon_minitime8/9/2009, 02:03

lol, you're welcome Reiku. I only hope they are as easy to come by when it really matters. =D
Back to top Go down
Garthural
Hastati
Hastati
Garthural

PostSubject: Re: Some info. on named mobs + their drops   Some info. on named mobs + their drops I_icon_minitime8/9/2009, 02:48

Very nice information Eshu.
Back to top Go down
sidant
Sagittarii
Sagittarii
sidant

PostSubject: Re: Some info. on named mobs + their drops   Some info. on named mobs + their drops I_icon_minitime8/9/2009, 05:56

OOO NMS!!! I loved hunting NMs in FFXI... Dunno why but its a rush for me^_^.
Back to top Go down
Eshu
Hastati
Hastati
Eshu

PostSubject: Re: Some info. on named mobs + their drops   Some info. on named mobs + their drops I_icon_minitime8/9/2009, 06:54

Thx., Garth. Only wish the formatting was more straightforward, but oh well... heh. And yes, Sidant... NM's rule! I still remember when I showed my RL friend "Spook." What a monster I created... he camped that poor ghoul more than I care to think. I believe it made him go just a bit crazy... like even now, I think he has an internal clock that makes him sweat and his fingers start to twitch whenever the spawn time rolls around... XD
Back to top Go down
Caldenfor
Hastati
Hastati

PostSubject: Re: Some info. on named mobs + their drops   Some info. on named mobs + their drops I_icon_minitime8/9/2009, 14:56

Named mobs were a very important part of EQ.

They had people tracking them and camping them non stop.

Caldenfor
Back to top Go down
Reiku
Sagittarii
Sagittarii
Reiku

PostSubject: Re: Some info. on named mobs + their drops   Some info. on named mobs + their drops I_icon_minitime8/9/2009, 18:37

ooh man ffxi... leaping lizzy... the emperor that dragonfly one, the rare worm in that tunnel, it was so fun trying to get them, i earned so much money offa those
Back to top Go down
sidant
Sagittarii
Sagittarii
sidant

PostSubject: Re: Some info. on named mobs + their drops   Some info. on named mobs + their drops I_icon_minitime8/9/2009, 20:11

They changed alota the NM drops to be RARE/EX so you cant trade em =*(. So no more making money off em. But, you could still get all those great items! (Leaping Boots, Empress hairpin, etc..)
Back to top Go down
Founder Brolms
Hastati
Hastati
Founder Brolms

PostSubject: Re: Some info. on named mobs + their drops   Some info. on named mobs + their drops I_icon_minitime8/9/2009, 20:46

Very nice grab of info Eshu
Back to top Go down
Reiku
Sagittarii
Sagittarii
Reiku

PostSubject: Re: Some info. on named mobs + their drops   Some info. on named mobs + their drops I_icon_minitime8/10/2009, 02:02

sidant wrote:
They changed alota the NM drops to be RARE/EX so you cant trade em =*(. So no more making money off em. But, you could still get all those great items! (Leaping Boots, Empress hairpin, etc..)

T_T that was my favorite part of that, oh well guess i'll never go back to that game then
Back to top Go down
sidant
Sagittarii
Sagittarii
sidant

PostSubject: Re: Some info. on named mobs + their drops   Some info. on named mobs + their drops I_icon_minitime8/10/2009, 02:27

You get the regular drops now from BCNM type fights that take a few folks... Kinda lame personally. But they did it to fight RMT and overpricing on those things. makes sense if you think of it that way. Kinda...
Back to top Go down
Reiku
Sagittarii
Sagittarii
Reiku

PostSubject: Re: Some info. on named mobs + their drops   Some info. on named mobs + their drops I_icon_minitime8/10/2009, 08:13

meh i did those fights before to sell the phalanx scroll for red mages, that was always worth alot
Back to top Go down
Organic
Hastati
Hastati

PostSubject: Re: Some info. on named mobs + their drops   Some info. on named mobs + their drops I_icon_minitime8/10/2009, 16:46

Mepisto's Plate Gloves from Lonely Mepisto are the best gloves for Glads/Temps at that level. They are slightly worse than the level 23 Craftsman's Shining Titanium Gloves (a blue HQ proc off the green recipe) and are essentially "free". Organic's still wearing the Mephisto gaunts at 30 and will wear them until the new Adamantium version at 33.

Lamega the Gigantic, a super gigantic turtle near the Observatory drops Lamega Shell shield as well as Gerik's Ring.

Any of the named special mobs until Eltnen can be farmed by changing channels.
Back to top Go down
Caldenfor
Hastati
Hastati

PostSubject: Re: Some info. on named mobs + their drops   Some info. on named mobs + their drops I_icon_minitime8/10/2009, 17:17

Perhaps we should start up a thread in each class section for class specific drops? Might help come release, but currently I am a bit busy trying to plan something in the real world. I will make a thread on that some time today though.

Caldenfor
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Some info. on named mobs + their drops   Some info. on named mobs + their drops I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Some info. on named mobs + their drops
Page 1 of 1