Legion of Avalon's Chosen

Site for a Legion of Aion: Avalons Chosen

HomePortalCalendarGalleryFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Welcome to Avalon's Chosen new forums. If you are wishing to join Avalon's Chosen. Please go to Town Hall Tab and Recruitment section or Use the Link in Recruitement Status Side bar link for Application Form . Thank you LOAC Staff
Avalon's Chosen would like to welcome our new member Cycloptix and Dielectra. We look forward to many adventures with you all.
Congrats to our members that have been promoted to Munifex. Eshu, Rieku, Caldenfor, Favrin, Mommyof2girls, Cherub, Kataya, and Decesare great job you all keep up the good work.
Notice. current issues with log off button.. temp fix is a small log off button under AC crest. Also Firfox will not auto log you out like IE does for some.

Share | 

Elyos: Grinding/Questing/Instances Through Level 39

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Organic
Hastati
Hastati

PostSubject: Elyos: Grinding/Questing/Instances Through Level 39   8/15/2009, 09:43

There have been quite a few questions lately about whether or not there are actually instances and how many grinding you need to do by 35 or so. Here's the scoop.

Note: Grinding, especially elite mobs in small parties, is by far the best xp. With the NA launch, I HIGHLY doubt everyone will have gear good enough to start farming elites much below the elite's level. Also, I really don't see me earning 3 million xps/hour like I am now with the right party because I'm fully decked out in blues and fully manastoned.

Note: If you can easily manage it, grinding non-elite mobs in the Abyss is the best solo grinding xps as there is an xp bonus for those mobs given you can be ganked by Asmos. I've heard the Unicorns are amazing, but you need a way to interrupt their self-heal. Also, you do get a few Abyss Points per kill for mobs in the Abyss.

Note: Many of the "power levelers" grind and also do the Campaign quests only, as it's more xp/hour and you get very solid gear rewards. This is especially helpful if you aren't taking crafting.

++++++++++++++++++++++

1. First real grind are the Krall elites outside Verteron at the Tursin Outpost and Garrison. These are 4-dot level 17-20 elites with a world boss at the end. You can grind here level 15/16-22. Mobs are 15-17k xps each I believe in full party.

*** If you are ranged and feel comfortable kiting, by level 14-18 you can go to the Holy Ground of Miraju flight path and grind the wind spirits. They give great xps and you can complete the coin quests as well for green gear.

2. Second real grind spot is the Kaiden Mines in Eltnen with 4-dot elites level 25-28. The Kaiden elites have multiple mobs per pull in many cases. There is a world boss here and you can grind from 23-28 depending on your gear. These mobs give 20-30k xps each kill in full party.

3. Third grind spot is the first real instance: Eracus Underground Temple. You can pick up the attunement quest at 28 and grind through about level 36. Once attuned, you can enter UT any time. Mobs are level 30-32 3-dot elite gargoyles, sting rays, and wind spirits and you can fly to the bottom and grind there. A well-geared 3-man team can get 35k xp per kill (about 3 million xps/hour!). A full party gets around 18k per kill (upwards of 1.2 million xp/hour), but these are MUCH easier (and can pull everything by itself with no adds) than Kaiden Mines so if you have a true party (1 tank, 4 dps, 1 healer), you can kill quickly enough to make up for the lower xp/kill. This is a also public instance, so any other Elyos can enter and grind near your party. Also, there is a world boss here as well as the Elyos vendor that sells Asmos gear you can use to skin your own gear.

*** An alternative grind spot is just west of the Golden Bough Legion Garrison flight path. You can grind the Klaws that only use melee attacks. At level 32, the level 31-32 Klaws give ~11k xps each kill. I kill slowly and was able to kill about two per minute, so 200k xps every 10 minutes or about 1 million xps/hour with downtime to heal and such.

*** Second alternative is to go to the Fire Temple area and kill the 5-dot non-elites around the entrance. They're about 18k xps each and are level 30-32. These do have a poison and hit hard, but it's worth it if you are a 2-man party with a healer or can kite.

4. The fourth grind spot is Fire Temple. Each time you enter the FT, you need a key that drops off mobs. You need to be level 30+ to do the key quest. This instance is just for your party, so no harassment from Asmos or other parties. Mobs are level 34-37 and are 4-dot elites with sometimes multiple adds. This is harder than any other area in Eltnen if you get a bad pull. You wind up skipping most of the mob kills in there just to get to the boss as she can drop gold extendable weapons. You could grind here levels 30-39, but the xp is a good bit slower than other places, though you have a chance at amazing gold extendable weapons and the quest to kill that boss gives you a very solid blue weapon.

*** A 2-man party of solid (or well-geared) option would be to farm the Tigric mobs southwest of the Lankusis Plateau. It's a small camp with a few stragglers outside and the mobs are social, but they were 19k xps/kill at level 33 and the mobs are level 35-37 2-dot non-elites.

5. The last place in Eltnen to really grind elites is the Lepharist Construction Site in the very southeast corner of the map (road through here leads into Interdiktah). These mobs are 4-dot elites level 35-37. The other vendor that provides Asmos gear so you can skin your own is in this part of the map. I haven't ground these yet, so I'm not sure about the xp/kills and such.

*** An alternative to this is the Kaiden Headquarters. I've heard this is hard, but great xps. Probably need to be quite well-geared and I believe the mobs are 35+ elites, probably 4-dots.

++++++++++++++++++++++

I'm assuming because Interdiktah has quests that start at 30, but that most folks stay in Eltnen until 35+, there are good places to grind there, too. However, I did a handful of quests at 31 or so and ran out, so I returned to Eltnen.

If you have any suggestions about other places to grind, please let me know. I've read a few of the "fastest level guides" and most of them are more about great time management by telling you what level to be before you go back to town, which quests to pick up, when you should buy your skill books ahead of time, using town recall scrolls along with your Return skill to save time, etc., etc. They generally skip quests that have low drop rates for the completion items and skip quests that are out by themselves for that level.

However, it appears from everyone I talk to who's been leveling faster than me, that grinding is quite obviously the fastest way to level. Given level 44-45 requires over 70 MILLION xps, it's easy to why grinding is preferred. Through level 34, I've completed 260 quests - total. It feels like far more, but I've completed pretty much every quest along the way and that's all I've done and the quests definitely taper off from here on out. It will be great to see what's different in patch 1.5.

++++++++++++++++++++

UPDATE: Something that I had heard of but not tried is to go under the Coliseum in Sanctum. The quest mobs down there are level 17-18 (IIRC), but can be 3-4 hit. They give the same xp as mobs their level and I know of a few Rangers who went down there and ground them for five quick levels.

I couldn't check this on my Assassin as there were red names in the Coliseum and I haven't played my 'Sin in ages and didn't want to PVP. Smile I also don't know if this is still possible or if you need to have the quest first to get this done.

Last edited by Organic on 8/16/2009, 17:18; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Added Update Section at Bottom)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sidant
Sagittarii
Sagittarii

PostSubject: Re: Elyos: Grinding/Questing/Instances Through Level 39   8/15/2009, 14:58

This is actually some great info! Just last night I was explaining Aion's systems to a friend of mine from FFXI and one of the things I pointed out was that Grinding is still in Aion. But it is not forced on you like it is in most games of this nature (FFXI, L2, etc...). In WoW there were plenty of times that I DID NOT feel like solo questing for HOURS and running around the damn globe to deliver a stupid pouch of salt or something but I really couldnt choose to just find a spot and grind out a lvl or two with a good group because... Well, you didnt do that in WoW, it was all about maximizing XP through quests, and the loot system in WoW was not designed for it to be a grinding game. Then you have a game like FFXI/L2 where you HAVE to grind. If you wanted to progress your ONLY option was TO grind. Sometimes I got on FFXI and really just wanted to do some solo quests and maybe get a lvl or two. Well, that was OUT of the question. Sounds like AION is going to appeal to both sides of this spectrum and the balance between the two dosent seem all THAT bad. Yes as you pointed out above grinding might be "Quicker" but your not stuck doing it 24/7 with NO other options.

Ugh!!! Now I want retail that much more lol >_<... To be able to scratch my "I want to quest" bug or my "I want to grind (in a party!)" bug in the SAME game is fucking amazing in my book....

Hastati
Hastati

PostSubject: Re: Elyos: Grinding/Questing/Instances Through Level 39   8/15/2009, 16:21

sidant wrote:
This is actually some great info! Just last night I was explaining Aion's systems to a friend of mine from FFXI and one of the things I pointed out was that Grinding is still in Aion. But it is not forced on you like it is in most games of this nature (FFXI, L2, etc...). In WoW there were plenty of times that I DID NOT feel like solo questing for HOURS and running around the damn globe to deliver a stupid pouch of salt or something but I really couldnt choose to just find a spot and grind out a lvl or two with a good group because... Well, you didnt do that in WoW, it was all about maximizing XP through quests, and the loot system in WoW was not designed for it to be a grinding game. Then you have a game like FFXI/L2 where you HAVE to grind. If you wanted to progress your ONLY option was TO grind. Sometimes I got on FFXI and really just wanted to do some solo quests and maybe get a lvl or two. Well, that was OUT of the question. Sounds like AION is going to appeal to both sides of this spectrum and the balance between the two dosent seem all THAT bad. Yes as you pointed out above grinding might be "Quicker" but your not stuck doing it 24/7 with NO other options.

Ugh!!! Now I want retail that much more lol >_<... To be able to scratch my "I want to quest" bug or my "I want to grind (in a party!)" bug in the SAME game is fucking amazing in my book....

To be fair, I have wound up grinding most of levels 31-35 thus far. I'm about 25% in to level 34. It just happened that I've been tanking UT and FT consistently over the past couple of days. I have NOT done the quests in there yet as I keep getting requests to tank for various legions, but they just want to grind for the xps so they can level up.

Even with the reported 400 more quests in Patch 1.5 (that I assume is 200 per faction and not 400 each), you will OFTEN find yourself spread very thin between quests. I have absolutely run out of all quests I could do - either because of rift ganking or because I couldn't get done in the Abyss what I needed to in order to continue quest lines - in Aion a few times.

That said, since level 28, I have been going to AionArmory and searching Eltnen by quest level. There are several very small quest camps and you really just have to know about them in order to find them because there are no courier or other quests that take you to them. Most aren't too far off the main roads, but far enough that they're easily missed if you're paying attention.

I also assume that the new quests added are probably going to be at the same quest hubs that currently exist, so continuing to search AionArmory for the quests should be helpful even though it won't list the new quests or have sparse hints on how to complete them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sidant
Sagittarii
Sagittarii

PostSubject: Re: Elyos: Grinding/Questing/Instances Through Level 39   8/15/2009, 18:16

Sounds like a balance might be needed at times. Maybe grind a few / quest a few? If you power through all the quests im sure you might run dry as unlike WoW there doesn't seem to be 123462345123412512414635476234523562 quests lol.

Hastati
Hastati

PostSubject: Re: Elyos: Grinding/Questing/Instances Through Level 39   8/15/2009, 21:41

Organic Great information very well put together. Thank you for this information.

From the shadows I wait.
Stalking, Prowling my prey.
It's when you feel safe that you make your final mistake.
For it is then I spring bring you down to your knee's
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Eshu
Hastati
Hastati

PostSubject: Re: Elyos: Grinding/Questing/Instances Through Level 39   8/16/2009, 08:16

awesome info, tyvm

In paradisum deducant te Angeli;
May angels lead you into paradise,
in tuo adventu suscipiant te martyres,
may the martyrs greet you at your arrival,
et perducant te in civitatem sanctam Ierusalem.
and lead you to the holy city of Jerusalem.

~ "In Paradisum" (In Paradise) :+: Full Text
Velites
Velites

PostSubject: Re: Elyos: Grinding/Questing/Instances Through Level 39   8/16/2009, 11:51

very good info, thanks for posting.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Elyos: Grinding/Questing/Instances Through Level 39   

Back to top Go down

Elyos: Grinding/Questing/Instances Through Level 39
Page 1 of 1