Legion of Avalon's Chosen
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Legion of Avalon's Chosen

Site for a Legion of Aion: Avalons Chosen

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to Avalon's Chosen new forums. If you are wishing to join Avalon's Chosen. Please go to Town Hall Tab and Recruitment section or Use the Link in Recruitement Status Side bar link for Application Form . Thank you LOAC Staff
Avalon's Chosen would like to welcome our new member Cycloptix and Dielectra. We look forward to many adventures with you all.
Congrats to our members that have been promoted to Munifex. Eshu, Rieku, Caldenfor, Favrin, Mommyof2girls, Cherub, Kataya, and Decesare great job you all keep up the good work.
Notice. current issues with log off button.. temp fix is a small log off button under AC crest. Also Firfox will not auto log you out like IE does for some.

Solid players seeking good AION guild

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Adriaa

Solid players seeking good AION guild Empty
PostSubject: Solid players seeking good AION guild   Solid players seeking good AION guild I_icon_minitime8/12/2009, 18:38

I have been charged with finding a good guild to hit the groung running when Aion releases. I've read as much on your site as I have access to so I'm hoping I didn't just miss a post and making myself look like a tool.

Can you tell me a little more about what your goal as a guild is? Are you casual or PVP or raiding or a little of everything?

What time zone are you based in?

I believe we are planning on playing Templar, Assasin and Sorcerer. I was wanting to play cleric but it seems there is little demand for clerics on any guild site I've visited.
Back to top Go down
Eshu
Hastati
Hastati
Eshu

PostSubject: Re: Solid players seeking good AION guild   Solid players seeking good AION guild I_icon_minitime8/12/2009, 22:05

Hello, Adriaa. Nice to meet you and thanks for your interest in the legion. Wanting to know more info. about anything never makes you a tool, at least not here. (;^_^)

I'm not an officer or anything, and am pretty new here myself, but I wanted to answer your post for now until Garth (the legion's leader) or one of the officers can answer your questions more completely. Of course, you talked like you've already read the "code of conduct," this post, and the instructions for how to apply. But, if not, there's some info. there.

Still, I know that you have a few questions and I'll do my best to answer them (but please keep an eye out for posts by others who might correct/add to what I've said).

GOALS?: This is taken from the second link and was posted by Garth, the legion leader. I know you've probably read it, but it addresses your question a bit and really speaks to the characteristic of this legion, so I wanted to post it again:

We are a family and friend legion the core of the legion is built around a group of real life friends and family who live with in and hour and half radius of each other and see each other in real life several times a week.

It is from here we have built close bonds and we have embraced new members from accross the NA region as not members but as family and friends. We are not building a legion we are building a community of people who like to spend time with each other on a game. Now we do have goals to accomplish as a legion and they will be achieved but not at the cost of our legion community, or our reputation as a upstanding legion. For we believe integrity in the game with players not in our legion is very important. By this i mean we will not bash other legions, players , or do things to give us a bad name.
-Garth

So, generally, I would say this legion's goal is to create a cooperative community where we all work together and grow stronger (both as individuals and as a legion) based upon the accomplishments and progress of *all* players. How exactly we go about that depends greatly on the individuals in the legion and how they decide to work together to progress through the game.

Specifically, I know we are seeking to support the legion's main crafters as they level they try to max their craft as quickly as possible (though other members are free to level crafts as they see fit too, of course). Also, we are striving to support members who gather and donate mats to crafting endeavors and we're committed to creating a community where those in need are taken care of and those who can help are able to do so.

PVP/RAIDING?: As far as raiding and PvP goes, the leadership will have to give you more specific info. on that, but I think it is safe to say that Avalon's Chosen will be very active in raiding and PvP'ing.

Several members have played China Aion and are already learning the in's and out's of the Abyss, rifts, and castle sieges. However, it's also my impression that those of us who are more interested in crafting and PvE will be able to do their thing while those wanting to PvP or raid will have many opportunities to do so as well. So, I think there is a general "whatever you want to do" attitude, but those who specialize and want to focus on certain aspects of the game will have many partners in "crime" ;-P should they so desire, and even those not interested in raiding will still be helping the cause some other way (crafting, gathering, farming, etc.).

TIME ZONES = I think *most* members are in the pacific time zone, there are some in the Midwest and on the east coast, though. I've heard that it's possible some Dutch players from C-Aion might join, as well (add like 8 hours to PST). And, of course, there's always the freaks like me who are playing at 4am half of the time, or Drac... who plays for like 20 hrs. a day sometime. So, though I think the majority lives on the west coast, there will likely be people signed in at all kinds of given times.

CASUAL vs. HARDCORE? = It depends on the player. As you probably saw in the second link, where Garth is talking about this legion being more of a community of friends and family, my impression is that you are free to do what you feel is right first, though there are always people willing to help and give you advice on how to get to where you want to go.

Many of us are busy with jobs, kids, and just RL in general. I think it's the "code of conduct" that explains it's expected that members take care of RL first, and then play. So, if that's "casual," then that's us. But, I have the impression that people are still very focused and into progressing when they are playing, so it's a mix really. I think the best way to put it is that we are all gamers, many of us avid gamers, and we are dedicated and will put a lot of time and effort into being the best players and legion we can.

However, there will be times when babies cry, or bosses change schedules and people have to work when they thought they didn't. In those cases, nobody worries about it and people are really cool and flexible. If you and your friends are "hardcore" players, you're more than welcome, but there will be times when a group has to wait on somebody to tend on their kids or things of that nature. I feel like people are really polite about it, though, and those who need a quick break don't take forever, and those who are waiting don't get impatient.

TEMPLAR/SIN/SORC?: All three of those classes would be very welcome, to the best of my knowledge. For a fact, I know we are short on Templars and I don't think we have that many Sorcerers, either (might have a few Sin's, but I think not a ton). Still, it's my impression based on what Garth and others have said that this legion is more about doing what you will most enjoy. If you enjoy cleric the most, play it. Nobody is forced to do anything here, unless "doing what is best for the legion" is really what you most enjoy. Still, play whatever class you want. It will all work out somehow.

-------------------------

I hope that helps a bit. Sorry it is so wordy (I am really bad about that). I hope you and your friends ask more questions if you have them, and apply using the third link found up top if you think Avalon's Chosen is right for you.

Take care. And good luck, no matter what you decide (unless you roll Asmodian... then, I hope you fail miserably at all that you attempt... lol) =D

PS---It's in the code of conduct, but need to bring it up because it's rather important, the use of vent is required. You don't have to talk, but for some raids and groups, being able to at least listen on vent is important. If you have questions about this, feel free to ask. Hopefully somebody more tech savvy than I am will be able to help you out.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mmorpg.com/profile.cfm/username/MustaphaMond
Garthural
Hastati
Hastati
Garthural

PostSubject: Re: Solid players seeking good AION guild   Solid players seeking good AION guild I_icon_minitime8/12/2009, 22:38

Greetings Adriaa, I am Garthural legion leader of Avalon's Chosen I thank you for your interest in our legion and Will do my best to answer questions you have stated or add to the answert that Eshu has already posted. I love our legion members always active and able to jump into legion affairs with such great passion. ( Eshu keep up the good work your doing great).

Well the first real code or rule of this legion is we will Never force you to do any thing you don't to do or play a way you don't want to. Meaning Play what you want to play if you like the class and play the way you want to play your character ( with in confines of Code of Conduct) we may offer advice if one asked for it or such. But we will never dictate your character play style.

Our legion will focus on all aspects of the game from pve , pvp, raiding in both pvpve, and crafting and economy system. How ever participation is voluntary not mandatory. But there is sign up and team system rules that apply to legion events. And we have to focus on all aspects of the game to fully be able to get the full grasp of the world Aion.

Our time zone really does varies yes there is a good chunk of players in the pst however we do have a good showing across all time zone's and some of us pst folks seem to live on the game at all hours ( me for example lol ).

I can not classify us as a casual or a hardcore legion for those seem to dictated alot of time a competition amoungst other legions and that we are not in. We don't feel a need to compete with other legion for respect or status. For we are our own legion and we have our goals and agenda set out and we shall accomplish them as we progress as a legion threw the game of Aion. And once we have done what we have set out to accomplish if other legions look at us to gauge or standing amoungst them then that I will accept. But when we are gauged on our standing it will be as a legion that is in good standing with the community and is known for being upstanding and respectful to everyone we come across ( unless there asmo in game KOS lol ).

Our legion members have been great from the start i could not ask for better from the folks that have gathered behind the flag of Avalon's Chosen. The each bring a wealth of knowledge and skills to the legion. And we our a mature legion most members are over 21 with a few that are 18 or older. Most of us have family some of our family play in the legion as well. We also have alot of prior military or active in legion and most the legion works so we play this game as a way of relaxing and having chit chat with others. And when we mean RL (real life ) come before GL(game life) we mean it cause we all have been there and we all have things that come up. For this is a game and should be treated as such. For a game should not feel like another job.

So i hope this gives you a better scope on our legion if you have any more questions or concerns please feel free to ask.

Garthural
Back to top Go down
Adriaa

PostSubject: Thanks!   Solid players seeking good AION guild I_icon_minitime8/12/2009, 23:37

Thank you both for responding so quickly and completely. I am a glutton for punishment and will be doing as much gathering and tradeskilling as possible. We also enjoy raiding and the social aspect of a guild very much. Trying to balance raiding with work and our 18 month old daughter is quite the challenge. The WOW guild we were in raided until 1am our time, we're east coast. I'm hoping we can find a guild whose raid times end earlier than that since we didn't get to bed until 2am and our little angel (and I use that term loosely) has me up at 6am. 2 or 3 days of that schedule and I look like this:

affraid

Then I tend to fall asleep on the couch while I'm supposed to be watching her and have woken up to a cold beer bottle in the face or my purse dumped all over the kitchen and being smacked with a credit card. Don't ask. Oh the stories I've accumulated since having a child...

ANYWAY, back on topic. You sound like exactly the kind of guild we're looking for. My only concern is raid times.

As far as Vent goes, that's not an issue. I can't imagine running any kind of group/instance without it. Hate typing!
Back to top Go down
Caldenfor
Hastati
Hastati

PostSubject: Re: Solid players seeking good AION guild   Solid players seeking good AION guild I_icon_minitime8/13/2009, 00:09

I can't raid at 1am EST either, so don't worry about it. You can just blame it on me!

Caldenfor
Back to top Go down
Garthural
Hastati
Hastati
Garthural

PostSubject: Re: Solid players seeking good AION guild   Solid players seeking good AION guild I_icon_minitime8/13/2009, 03:47

Raid sched's at this current time are not on planner due to most wont be available till mid/late 20's. And most the raids that have been discussed on various sites are mostly dungeon that are 1 to 1 and half hour run's with a several hour cool down to several day cool down. I have yet to really see any WoW style raids like the 10 or 25man versions i may be wrong but i have not seen much info on that style raid. Yet there is PvP dungeon/ raids and keep battles that could be lengthy in time but that is also still really unknown for time on those.

But we are also sched events to allow for the maximum amount of people the chance to go based on dungeon/raid format. And to sched multiply events to allow for various participation in all areas of game.
Back to top Go down
Garthural
Hastati
Hastati
Garthural

PostSubject: Re: Solid players seeking good AION guild   Solid players seeking good AION guild I_icon_minitime8/13/2009, 03:54

Btw Adriaa I sent you a email with some information for application to legion if you are wanting to take the next step.
Back to top Go down
Adriaa

PostSubject: Thanks   Solid players seeking good AION guild I_icon_minitime8/13/2009, 15:10

I got the email, I had registered before I realized we could post here without having to register first =p Thus the Adria/Adriaa name.

I'll talk to my husband and our friend(s), not sure how many of them will be joining us in Aion yet. I know of at least 1. I look forward to meeting you all in game soon!
Back to top Go down
sidant
Sagittarii
Sagittarii
sidant

PostSubject: Re: Solid players seeking good AION guild   Solid players seeking good AION guild I_icon_minitime8/14/2009, 16:58

Glad to see folks with an interest in the legion! Garth and Eshu seem to have made your eyes bleed enough so no need to get into much haha. When it comes to raid times/ play times in general I do have to agree with them though. It is spread out atm, and Im sure when its time to sit down and buckle in proper raid times, or dungeon run times we will be able to accommodate for most folks! I'm in the Central timezone myself (smack dab in the middle of everyone lol), and one of our other officers will be on Iraq time I think lol so as you can see there will be plenty of options for folks or all time zones, and work hours ^_^.

And hope to hear some of those stories! Seems some of my best funny stories these past few years are from something my kiddos did HAHA.
Back to top Go down
Maxxy
Hastati
Hastati
Maxxy

PostSubject: Re: Solid players seeking good AION guild   Solid players seeking good AION guild I_icon_minitime8/14/2009, 18:46

Hi Adriaa,

My daughter Whitedove plays, and she has two babies.

So, she likes to come and play and relax. When her babies need her she is there for them. Most people have been very understanding about her having to leave, knowing they should come first. We have some great people here.
Back to top Go down
Adria

PostSubject: Me again!   Solid players seeking good AION guild I_icon_minitime9/2/2009, 19:22

Hi guys! Me again. Aion is getting closer WOOHOO! My husband and I will be gone Labor Day weekend, figures they'd start Open Beta on a dang holiday. When we get back we'd like to hop on your server and get to know some of you. Hopefully you won't realize we're complete gamer freaks...shhhh.

We have a couple of friends who will be playing with us too. I think there are 5 of us total. Just wanted to make sure you still had room for us and see if you wanted us to apply together or do separate applications but link them somehow. In my old guilds I was the recruiting officer so I know how following the application rules is a cheers I can always just put the other player names in my app so you know who is who. Let me know what you want me to do. Thanks!

Btw, what server will you be playing open beta on? Look forward to seeing you there!
Back to top Go down
Eshu
Hastati
Hastati
Eshu

PostSubject: Re: Solid players seeking good AION guild   Solid players seeking good AION guild I_icon_minitime9/2/2009, 20:43

Hey there, Adria. Glad to see you again.

I can't give you any specific answers about applying or what server we'll be on (I just can't remember details like that), but I'm sure Garth will let you know. Still, just wanted to say it will be cool to meet you and your husband/friends in game. From what I can tell, there will be several of us playing with a variety of goals, so I'm sure we'll all have a chance to team up at some point.

Some of us are looking to see how long it takes us to get multiple alts to ascension, while others are probably going to try out classes that they won't play as a main. Plus, I know some are interested in doing some Krall stuff and rift/abyss content too (provided we level fast enough). But, obviously, that will be a smaller number because not everybody has the game yet, or even if they do, several want to avoid feeling burned out when it does launch. Still, I know all of us are excited and want to have fun.... and I, as with many, can't wait to play OB.

I hope the applications and all of that goes smoothly. See you in-game. We will make the Asmodian scum pay for their heresy!!! ;^^
Back to top Go down
http://www.mmorpg.com/profile.cfm/username/MustaphaMond
sidant
Sagittarii
Sagittarii
sidant

PostSubject: Re: Solid players seeking good AION guild   Solid players seeking good AION guild I_icon_minitime9/2/2009, 21:01

/wave again ^^.
I'd say to have each post an app. Mainly cause we would like to get basic info about each person and also want to make sure they have forum accounts. We plan on utilizing the forums/vent alot come launch for important information gathering and also planning and what not. So want to make sure everyone is setup to get the information they will need when they need it.
Make sure they mention that they are your friends/family, and let them know the app is mainly just a means for us to get to know them, and to make sure they have forum access.
Let us know if you need anything! Or if anyone needs help and also looking forward to playing with you and your buds!
Back to top Go down
Adria

PostSubject: Thanks!   Solid players seeking good AION guild I_icon_minitime9/3/2009, 00:04

Thanks guys! Everyone posting an app sounds good, that's what I'd have suggested too. I think I'll post everyone's anticipated names in my app so you guys know we're apping together. I know you don't know me from Adam (or Eve in my case Laughing ) but they're good guys and I don't think you'll be disappointed.

Let me know where you'll be for open beta and when we get back we'll hop on and say HOLA! I'll let the others know ahead of time so they can say hi and I'll try to get them on this forum to introduce themselves. My husband isn't a man of many words but I make up for it clown
Back to top Go down
Garthural
Hastati
Hastati
Garthural

PostSubject: Re: Solid players seeking good AION guild   Solid players seeking good AION guild I_icon_minitime9/3/2009, 04:19

lol Hey there Adria. We will be on Seil server for Open Beta. Just let me know what is going on and as soon as the aps are in i will get things wraped up on getting you all full access.

Garth
Back to top Go down
Adria

PostSubject: = )   Solid players seeking good AION guild I_icon_minitime9/3/2009, 13:16

Okie dokie! I will try to get an app posted today, no promises though. I usually like to spend some time on them. I'll try to get the husband to do his too. We leave this evening for Virginia but we'll be back Tuesday. See you all in game then! flower
Back to top Go down
Adria

PostSubject: app is done!   Solid players seeking good AION guild I_icon_minitime9/3/2009, 16:31

Le application is done! I'm naggging my husband to get his done and have texted one of our friends to do his too. Thought about trying to be funny in my app but decided to be straightforward. You guys will realize soon enough I like to have fun pig

I did have to remove "guild" several times and add legion. I'm sure I'll make that mistake a lot lol. Look forward to seeing you guys in Open Beta!
Back to top Go down
Caldenfor
Hastati
Hastati

PostSubject: Re: Solid players seeking good AION guild   Solid players seeking good AION guild I_icon_minitime9/3/2009, 16:49

Guild to Legion is a pretty big thing. Clan and Guild were the only two terms I used prior to Aion. Clan for FPS games and guild for RPG games mainly.

Caldenfor
Back to top Go down
Adria

PostSubject: application   Solid players seeking good AION guild I_icon_minitime9/8/2009, 18:09

Well, I checked the site and didn't see my app posted so I checked my file that I'd saved and emailed per the instructions and it's apparently corrupt or something funky that is beyond my little pea brain to comprehend.

I am doing the application in a word doc and will post it on the forum ASAP. Sorry it got messed up. Not sure what happened, I followed the instructions in the video to a T. Will have it posted shortly.
Back to top Go down
Garthural
Hastati
Hastati
Garthural

PostSubject: Re: Solid players seeking good AION guild   Solid players seeking good AION guild I_icon_minitime9/8/2009, 22:35

Ok adria ya a word doc will work just send me it email and i will go over it.. Also by the way we have the beta legion running on Siel server elyos if you all want to hop on there and join in. And get to know some of the legion members.

Garth
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Solid players seeking good AION guild   Solid players seeking good AION guild I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Solid players seeking good AION guild
Page 1 of 1