Legion of Avalon's Chosen
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Legion of Avalon's Chosen

Site for a Legion of Aion: Avalons Chosen

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to Avalon's Chosen new forums. If you are wishing to join Avalon's Chosen. Please go to Town Hall Tab and Recruitment section or Use the Link in Recruitement Status Side bar link for Application Form . Thank you LOAC Staff
Avalon's Chosen would like to welcome our new member Cycloptix and Dielectra. We look forward to many adventures with you all.
Congrats to our members that have been promoted to Munifex. Eshu, Rieku, Caldenfor, Favrin, Mommyof2girls, Cherub, Kataya, and Decesare great job you all keep up the good work.
Notice. current issues with log off button.. temp fix is a small log off button under AC crest. Also Firfox will not auto log you out like IE does for some.

Monsters Name Bars and what they mean.

Go down 
+3
Draclich
Róse
Garthural
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Garthural
Hastati
Hastati
Garthural

Monsters Name Bars and what they mean. Empty
PostSubject: Monsters Name Bars and what they mean.   Monsters Name Bars and what they mean. I_icon_minitime7/11/2009, 16:19

This link is nice read. But it also shows how to tell diffrent difficulty of mobs are from norm up to heroic.

http://www.aionfly.com/2009/07/group-grinding-guide/
Back to top Go down
Róse
Principes
Principes
Róse

PostSubject: Re: Monsters Name Bars and what they mean.   Monsters Name Bars and what they mean. I_icon_minitime7/11/2009, 19:19

Thanks for the info when I played the first beta I was a lil lost on the difficulty
Back to top Go down
Draclich
Sagittarii
Sagittarii
Draclich

PostSubject: Re: Monsters Name Bars and what they mean.   Monsters Name Bars and what they mean. I_icon_minitime7/11/2009, 23:09

I wish I would have known that before I attacked the elite mob and got spanked.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Monsters Name Bars and what they mean.   Monsters Name Bars and what they mean. I_icon_minitime7/12/2009, 04:47

Ya non kidding... i just figured if i was taking more than half my life damage i was fighting something beyond me lol and had to run lol... im a tank so .. usually that means elite.
Back to top Go down
Garthural
Hastati
Hastati
Garthural

PostSubject: Re: Monsters Name Bars and what they mean.   Monsters Name Bars and what they mean. I_icon_minitime7/12/2009, 05:52

Hey they spanked me to .. Since i didnt know.. But i also found out some times the guage is a bit off some that should be easy wooped me and others that should of killed me i stomped out fast.
Back to top Go down
Draclich
Sagittarii
Sagittarii
Draclich

PostSubject: Re: Monsters Name Bars and what they mean.   Monsters Name Bars and what they mean. I_icon_minitime7/12/2009, 12:29

A light skinned caster is still a light skinned caster elite or not. Better just hope you resist their spells.
Back to top Go down
Garthural
Hastati
Hastati
Garthural

PostSubject: Re: Monsters Name Bars and what they mean.   Monsters Name Bars and what they mean. I_icon_minitime7/12/2009, 16:57

I was just happy for evade ^^
Back to top Go down
Mzirad
Hastati
Hastati
Mzirad

PostSubject: Re: Monsters Name Bars and what they mean.   Monsters Name Bars and what they mean. I_icon_minitime7/13/2009, 04:52

I still get cocky sometimes and wonder if I can take them. Actually I take them on and see how long I will last (at least in beta). LoL!
I am soooooo soooooo glad that there is no such thing as corpse runs. Nothing worse then dieing and being naked and having to travel for hours on end to get you armor and items back. I do not miss that at all and hope to never see that again or anything close to it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Monsters Name Bars and what they mean.   Monsters Name Bars and what they mean. I_icon_minitime7/13/2009, 11:05

bla ... im a tank i can take anything bring it on! woot
Back to top Go down
sidant
Sagittarii
Sagittarii
sidant

PostSubject: Re: Monsters Name Bars and what they mean.   Monsters Name Bars and what they mean. I_icon_minitime7/13/2009, 15:36

Yeah I think we all got our asses handed to us by a mob that looked normal... But guess what!

*death* lol
Back to top Go down
Mzirad
Hastati
Hastati
Mzirad

PostSubject: Re: Monsters Name Bars and what they mean.   Monsters Name Bars and what they mean. I_icon_minitime7/13/2009, 16:51

Some people have heard me say this before but there is a guild from several games I played that I thought would appropriate for me. The guild name is "We Die Alot". I was rejected as a member due to being observed dieing too much. I just can't win for lose.
Back to top Go down
Maxxy
Hastati
Hastati
Maxxy

PostSubject: Re: Monsters Name Bars and what they mean.   Monsters Name Bars and what they mean. I_icon_minitime7/14/2009, 17:47

Very helpful! Thanks for the link.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Monsters Name Bars and what they mean.   Monsters Name Bars and what they mean. I_icon_minitime7/20/2009, 18:11

wow...that DOES help a lot! thx for the link!!
Back to top Go down
Eshu
Hastati
Hastati
Eshu

PostSubject: Re: Monsters Name Bars and what they mean.   Monsters Name Bars and what they mean. I_icon_minitime7/21/2009, 05:18

Very useful info, thanks. I had been wondering about this stuff, and those white dots, for awhile now.

I think their "Beginner's PvP" section on party spacing (w/ temp+glad in front, healers in middle, and ranged DPS in rear) is very useful as well. Maybe some of the n00b's like me will find it as interesting as I did.

I bet a lot of your members are all familiar with this kind of stuff ("6.Group tactics"), but coming almost entirely from a PvE background, I was wondering how groups should stand and space themselves when squaring off against Asmod squads.

I imagine many of you have your preferences and know good ways of spacing the group that protects the casters/ranged dps and allows for quick strikes against enemy vulnerabilities.

The guide explains what works for them, but if how this legion sets up its formation is different, I'm open to learning it (just want to be with the program so I'm not learning when we're fighting Asmodian filth).

Also, I learned a lot from the section discussing how important an organized retreat is... how we can use the terrain/obstacles to disrupt enemy casters/RNG's by fleeing around corners and disrupting their LOS.

Plus, the guide points out overconfident enemies will over pursue, and if we all work at knowing how to space ourselves and move as a unit to exploit this, I think we will shred through PuG Asmods who are running amok...

Of course, I don't think we should plan to "retreat" often, but an organized withdrawal to form up the line, if done correctly, could turn a battle back in our favor.

I'm sorry for the wall of text, and I bet a lot of you already know this stuff and think it's very simple. But, like I said, I'm a bit new to PvP and it's important for me to get this stuff.

If we are ever grouped and playing and you have a suggestion for me, I welcome it. Some of this stuff and these tactics are quite new for me. FWIW, I find it very cool that a formation is something to think about when talking with your legion.

I noticed the nod to the Roman military ranks with the titles in this legion. Considering Aion's "Empyrean lords" and "legions," I think the Roman ranks are a very fitting choice.

I know there's an element to casual fun and not having to plan everything out, but I enjoy knowing a lot of us are going to enjoy grouping up and knowing that our formation, though very different from actual models, is still important in the same way it was in warfare featuring mostly hand to hand/close quarters combat.

Rambling... finally... at... an.... end. ;-_-
Back to top Go down
http://www.mmorpg.com/profile.cfm/username/MustaphaMond
Draclich
Sagittarii
Sagittarii
Draclich

PostSubject: Re: Monsters Name Bars and what they mean.   Monsters Name Bars and what they mean. I_icon_minitime7/21/2009, 14:40

Also watch the Dots.... 4-5 dot normal mobs are just as bad as elites sometimes.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Monsters Name Bars and what they mean.   Monsters Name Bars and what they mean. I_icon_minitime7/21/2009, 17:59

yeah...now that i finally understand "language" the profile is speaking, it provides a great amount of info. pretty cool design imo
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Monsters Name Bars and what they mean.   Monsters Name Bars and what they mean. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Monsters Name Bars and what they mean.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Legion of Avalon's Chosen :: Wilderness-
Jump to: